Thursday, August 6, 2009

scripture picture frame

One of my projects this summer was redecorating my bathroom (it's coming in a future post, I promise!), so I decided to put Scripture on the wall. For a while, I thought I wanted to get a quote in vinyl lettering, but it turned out to be too expensive and I could never really find what I wanted. I'm a big believer in surrounding myself with God's Word. Deuteronomy 11:18 tells us to tie God's words as symbols on our hands and bind them on our foreheads. For me, this is one way to do that. Some people might think it's weird to have Bible verses in the bathroom, but hey, if I'm gonna be in there, I might as well have something worthwhile to think about, right? I finally decided to just get a frame and put my own pictures in it. I liked this frame - it has glass instead of a mat so my pictures could be as big or as small as I wanted.
Step 1: I used pictures from flickr and used the iPhoto editing to give them all a sepia tone. Then I copied and pasted them into Word and inserted the Scriptures that I wanted. I printed them out on glossy photo paper.
Step 2: I cut them using a paper trimmer so the edges would be straight.
Step 3: I measured the frame and placed the pictures so they'd be centered.
Step 4: Put them all in the frame with double-sided tape and voila! Here's the finished product!
I love this because it was cheap (basically just the frame) and I can change the pictures and Scriptures as often as I want! So how do you "tie these words as symbols on your hands and bind them to your foreheads" - how do you surround yourself with Scripture?

2 comments:

  1. Good idea! It turned out really well! Can't wait to see the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melody, I LOVE this!! It is beautiful and classy. You could totally sell that for $25-30! I would buy it! :) Ok, really I am impressed. For me, I have the same spiral notecards that you have. And if I'm struggling with something, I take it out. You don't know how many times those scriptures were like balm to my soul this summer in Thailand. Especially the last scripture on your frame.

    ReplyDelete

Followers