Friday, July 10, 2009

the inaugural post

I've been putting this off because how can I possibly come up with something good enough for the first blog?? But well, sigh, this will have to do. My summer has been going great so far! I've already remodeled my bathroom, and I'm putting the finishing touches on it. More about that in a later post! My parents and I also took a little vacay to Florida for a few days, which was very interesting, in a timeshare-annoying-deceiving-frustrating kind of way. The most entertaining portion was when the timeshare guy says, "Don't look at your watch during the presentation or I'll go really slow and take twice as long." Charming, no?

Yesterday, I finally got out of my lease (DON'T EVER LEASE! IT'S A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY!) and am now another step closer to actually owning my car. I'm financing it through my bank, so I feel a bit relieved now that I'm not paying a butt-load (should buttload be hyphenated? hmm.) of interest.

Last night, I went out with Robbie and Lisa and their friends from Texas, Meredith and Bryone. We went to Yamato and then we took M and B's little girl to ride some rides. I actually chickened out when it was time to take her on the little kiddie ferris wheel, but I managed to brave the racecars! I always love hanging out with them, though, because they make me laugh constantly! And their little girl is so adorable!

So, here's my first post! Let's hope they get better, eh?

3 comments:

  1. Yea! Keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled that you have a blog!!! Yay, Yay, Yay! I can't wait to see the finished bathroom!
    I'm glad you were able to get out of your lease. We'll be home the week after next, hope I get to see your pretty face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I'm so glad you've joined us Melody! I'll be checking in on you! Don't worry, your writing is cute and interesting! You don't even have to have a topic! And show pictures of your br!

    ReplyDelete

Followers