Thursday, July 1, 2010

He's still God

Last night, I was feeling rather lonely. Wistful, I guess you could call it. And I was telling God about it and asking him, as I have many times before, when marriage will happen for me. How much longer, Lord? This stinks! You know how this breaks my heart. And then, the Holy Spirit impressed this upon my heart: praise God. Of course, it sounds simple, but for some reason when God speaks, no matter how simple it sounds in words, it means so much. It can be so complex. Agh, I wish I could explain it better than this. He was saying to me, "I am still God. Nothing has changed. I still know best. I am still in control. Even if you feel like I'm not in control or think I am purposely hurting you, truth is still truth. I am worthy to be praised when you feel like praising Me and when you don't feel like praising Me." So I told God that I trust Him. I trust Him even though I don't understand. And I think I'm going to have to keep telling Him (well, really telling myself) that over and over again, because doubt creeps in so easily. I have to claim the truth (that God is all-knowing and all-powerful) to be free.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with ya girl! Read Daniel 4:34-35, it's good stuff. I just read it in the Message version. God is sovereign!

    ReplyDelete

Followers