Friday, October 16, 2009

Daniel Fast Day 1

My church is doing a 10-day Daniel Fast to pray for our church and to unify as a community. Today was the first day, and it's going well so far. I have to admit, I'm nervous about lasting the whole ten days, but I am trusting in the Lord for strength! Here's what I had today:

Breakfast
Oatmeal with chopped apples, cinnamon, and honey

Lunch
whole wheat tortilla with natural peanut butter and spreadable fruit (strawberry), peanuts/brazil nuts/raisins

Snack
rice cakes with natural peanut butter and honey

Dinner
whole wheat spaghetti with roasted garlic tomato sauce

Today, I've learned just how much we as Americans depend on convenience foods. Everything is prepared for us and stored in neat little jars or containers. We don't have to work for anything! Getting all of my food prepared has already been time-consuming. I am going to try and cook some meals tomorrow so I can have them ready for the week ahead. Pray for me, please! Pray that I will have the discipline and the commitment to stick with this!

1 comment:

Followers