Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Daniel Fast Day 4

Breakfast
Ezekiel cereal with bananas and unsweetened soy milk

Lunch
whole wheat spaghetti with roasted garlic spaghetti sauce

Snack
potato chips! I found some natural ones that are made with sunflower oil! woo hoo!

Dinner
vegetable soup and oven roasted potatoes
sweet potato chips with cinnamon and honey

Laura was so gracious to cook dinner for a few of us! I'm glad that I'm done with the whole wheat pasta, cause the consistency/texture freaks me out. It's kinda like licorice. Ew. I'm beyond excited about finding potato chips that are allowable on the Daniel Fast. Aahhh, they were so tasty. The Ezekiel cereal....eh. It was very similar to a raisin bran, but it just has very little flavor. The raisins in it and the bananas I added helped with the dryness. I found myself thinking, "It's already Day 4? Wow, this isn't as long as I thought it would be." I'm sure that I'll be ready to eat normal food again by Day 10, though. Some of the girls in my lifegroup have mentioned how they may continue a lot of the habits even after the fast is over. They have found new things that they like that they didn't realize were available before. I'm not so sure I'll carry on with many things...maybe a few, here and there. But I am definitely much more grateful for the foods that I normally eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers