Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Daniel Fast Day 5

Halfway through....

Breakfast
homemade breakfast bars - TERRIBLE! sooo dry
green tea sweetened with apple juice

Lunch
veggie stir-fry with brown rice
potatoes and green beans

Snack
homemade popcorn with sea salt

Dinner
celery with natural peanut butter and raisins
whole wheat pasta with steamed broccoli and cauliflower
asparagus with garlic
apple cinnamon raisin almond salad with natural peanut butter and honey

We had lifegroup tonight, so Sarah made a smorgasbord of food! Dessert was especially tasty once I added peanut butter and honey! :) I also made some banana muffins to try for breakfast in the morning. They will probably be super bland, but it was worth a shot! I found out today that the Daniel fast can be a great opportunity to tell others about my faith. A teacher asked me today, "So...exactly why are you doing this to yourself?" I told her that this is a way of denying my flesh or my appetite to focus on God, and a way for our church to unite and pray for each other. I'm really having to watch my attitude, though, and not complain. If I am constantly being negative about it, I'll defeat the purpose of the fast, which is relying on the Spirit's strength. God is showing me that I have a warped view of Him. I tend to base what I know about God on my feelings/emotions. I need to remember to base my feelings on the truth, which is God's word. "I believe; help my unbelief!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers