Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Daniel Fast Day 6

I'm telling you, I'm getting more and more anxious to be done with this fast. So I guess this is going to be the hardest part, because I know Saturday night at 6 is coming! And I can't wait for it to get here! I'm still learning that there are things deep in my heart surfacing that shouldn't be there in the first place...negative attitudes, complaining, anxiety, frustration. Oh Jesus, search me and know me. Clean my heart!

Breakfast
banana walnut muffins (surprisingly moist and delish!)
soy milk

Lunch
stir fry veggies over brown rice
natural potato chips (mmmmm)

Snack
2 rice cakes with natural peanut butter and honey

Dinner
corn and potato chowder (soooo good!)
a little bit of granola that Nina gave me

I always struggle with keeping a healthy balance when I fast. My mind seems to think in all-or-nothing terms, black-and-white. So I have difficulty wrapping my mind around giving something up only for a period of time. I almost feel guilty when I break the fast, as if I'm going back to "life as usual". Does anyone else struggle with this? How do you keep that balance?

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way when I break a fast! I have no idea how to keep that balance. I always think, if I had to give it up to get closer to God, doesn't that mean that I should never do it/have it in the first place? I know that's not the right thinking. If you figure it out, pass it on.

    ReplyDelete

Followers